Find your extraordinary side.
Northside Hospital Health Care System is a state-of-the-art setting for patients, and for you.
With three cutting-edge acute care hospitals — in Atlanta, Canton, and Cumming, Georgia — and more than 150 locations throughout the State of Georgia, we are leading the way in your backyard and across the country.
Consider the numbers:
– 868-bed, not-for-profit provider
– Nearly 2 million patient visits annually
– A renowned team that includes more than 2,500 physicians and 15,000 employees
We perform the most robotic surgeries, and diagnose and treat the most cancer cases in the state.
We lead the nation in newborn deliveries and we are the only hospital in Georgia on the Forbes list of America’s Best Employers.
Learn more about our expansion, full range of medical services, and our extraordinary career
opportunities at www.northside.com.
Discover what’s possible.
See what’s inside.
Discovering what’s possible at Northside Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia — it’s something our patients and team members do every day. Our reputation as one of Georgia’s fastest growing healthcare institutions and our state-of-the-art, award-winning work environment are well-known. But what resonates most
with our people is the way we balance clinical excellence with compassionate care, support real work/life balance, and how close they feel to their co-workers.
Our 537-bed, not-for-profit, full-service hospital does more than serve our community. We’re a market leader in Women’s Services, Maternity and Newborn Services, Surgery, Robotic Surgery, and Cancer Care.
Proud to have been voted ‘Atlanta’s Most Preferred Hospital for All Health Care Needs” by
consumers for more than 16 years. We are pleased to offer our people great pay, benefits, and a pension plan.
We are a state-of-the-art setting for opportunity, top quality health care, and you.
Ready to make a difference — and a better living?
Find your extraordinary side with Northside Hospital today.
Service Area Overview
Extraordinary laboratory systems
No matter what questions a patient or physician may, our team is poised to provide answers.
Our progressive Clinical and Anatomic Pathology Laboratory system includes inpatient, outpatient and physician office locations. We are staffed by a collaborative group of highly-skilled and experienced medical professionals dedicated to providing quality patient care and next-level customer service.
Our services include: Hematology; Microbiology; Automated Chemistry; Transfusion and Tissue Bank; Flow Cytometry; Hematopoietic Stem Cell; and Molecular and Bio repository laboratory.
Do you have the expertise to contribute to our team?
Then find your extraordinary side with us today!
As part of Northside Hospital, we balance clinical excellence with compassionate care, support work/life balance and continuing education, and offer great pay, benefits, and a pension plan. For information on rewarding careers with Northside Hospital, ranked by Forbes magazine as one of the Top 25 Places to
Work in the US, contact us today.
Duties and Responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned
- High volume Transfusion Services department in a 600 bed not-for-profit hospital that is known for the provision of specialized care to bone marrow transplant and neonatal ICU patient populations.
- Works with department staff to ensure that all laboratory operations are following standard operating procedures, ensuring the safety of blood products and compliance with CAP, FDA and AABB regulatory requirements.
- Perform duties in compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies. Maintain strong working knowledge and compliance to applicable CLIA regulations. Monitors staff to ensure compliance.
- Analyzes, determines, and writes procedures related to laboratory services.
- Performs validations as required and trained to perform.
- Maintain oversight of equipment, maintenance and laboratory related supplies as required.
- Develop and maintain oversight of disaster planning for internal and external processes to ensure continuation of services and alternate resources as may be required in the event of a disaster.
- Develop and implement a department that embraces customer service and understands the critical nature of compliance and meeting quality standards.
- Responsible for personnel related matters – working with the appropriate support departments for resolution.
- Research new developments and industry trends. Partner with system laboratory leadership in determining the direction of Northside Hospital as it relates to the scope of laboratory services.
- Maintain computer functions for day to day operations. This includes training of relevant personnel in related tasks involving computer operations.
- Maintain all QC records. Responsible for document control and distribution of SOP’s within the department as needed.
- Exhibits support of the NH mission, quality objectives, and customer service standards at all times.
- Attends AABB, and other blood bank related meetings to assess current methods and trends and maintain “state of the art” blood bank practices. Maintain flexibility to change as the needs of the organization, community and industry evolve.
- Responsible for development of and adherence to monthly and annual budget guidelines.
- Ensures proper timelines for internal and external communications, critical reporting functions, and regular communications to employees.
- In collaboration with Quality, plans regular audits of operational related activities to ensure compliance.
- Certification – MT(ASCP/AMT) required, SBB strongly preferred
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Transfusion Medicine with 3 of which in a leadership role
REQUIRED: 1. BS degree in science plus eight (8) years experience as a medical technologist and have state recognized certification as a medical technologist. 2. Computer skills: knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, Excel); basic statistics skills. 3. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. 4. Color vision acuity is required to safely perform the duties of this position. 5. All applicants must submit to and pass a Color-Acuity screening Test. PREFERRED: 1. Master’s Degree in science. 2. Certified as a technical specialist (ASCP). 3. Two years of Supervisory and/or management experience in a clinical laboratory.
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 7a-3:30p
Weekend Requirements: Yes
On-Call Requirements: No
WANT THE INSIDE STORY?
Our team members report that our state-of-the-art environment, work/life balance, reputation as a leader both locally and nationally, continuing education offerings, growth opportunities, and pay/benefits/pension plan are why they chose — and chose to stay with — Northside Hospital.
Contact us today to learn more about careers at Northside.
Side by side, there’s nothing we can’t achieve!
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.