We are currently seeking to hire a dynamic, innovative and compassionate leader to join our team of talented award winning staff at Northside Hospital Atlanta. If you are a qualified, committed professional and are ready to work in a fast paced team environment, Northside is the place for you. Join our team and start making a difference with us today.
The Northside Hospital health care system is an 852-bed, not-for-profit health care provider with more than 150 locations across Georgia, including three acute care, state-of-the-art hospitals in Atlanta, Cherokee Co., and Forsyth Co. Northside Hospital leads the U.S. in newborn deliveries, diagnoses and treats the most cancer cases in Georgia, and performs the most robotic surgeries in Georgia. Ranked #4 on the U.S. News list of the Best Hospitals in Georgia and the only Georgia hospital on the Forbes list of America’s Best Employers, Northside has more than 2,500 physicians and 13,400 employees who serve nearly 2 million patient visits annually across a full range of medical services. We are also the fastest growing healthcare organization in the Southeast.
Service Area Overview
Northside Hospital Atlanta, a 537 bed hospital, provides compassionate care for all stages of life. Northside provides comprehensive and customized rehabilitation services in both acute care and outpatient settings and continues to grow! Rehabilitation Services is comprised of Audiology, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech/Language Pathology. Our rehabilitation department supports a variety of populations including Oncology, Cardiology, Cardiovascular, Neurology, Orthopedics, Pain & Spine, Pulmonary, Sports Medicine, Women’s and Men’s Health, and Wound Care. We also offer a variety of specialty programs including: Aquatic Therapy, Hand Therapy, Amputee Support, and Dry Needling, just to name a few. Our goal is to get our patients back to an active lifestyle doing the things that matter most in an encouraging and supportive environment.
The Manager of Rehabilitation Services at Northside Hospital Atlanta has the primary responsibility for supervising and leading approximately 145+ employees and managing the daily operations of both Northside Hospital Atlanta acute care and outpatient rehabilitation services at several onsite and offsite locations. This individual will cultivate a positive and supportive work environment and lead by example working in collaboration with rehabilitation director to ensure organization and department mission and vision are achieved. This individual will have responsibility for the management of patient care activity, planning, developing new and innovative programs emphasizing the consistent use of evidence based practice and research, performance improvement, quality management and meeting department regulatory guidelines.
Additional responsibilities of human resource management include: recruitment, interviewing, onboarding, and training new hires; actively supporting direct reports through guiding and developing skills, fostering development plans for skill advancement and succession planning. Other responsibilities are fiscal management monitoring productivity and adjusting staffing schedules and operations to meet budgetary requirements.
The successful candidate will possess strong collaboration and relationship building with other professionals within the department and throughout the Northside healthcare system including multidisciplinary care team and physicians to advance patient care practice, provide clinical and administrative oversight and promote a high standard of professionalism in the rehabilitation department.**hotjob**
- Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology or Audiology with licensure in the state of Georgia.
- Five years (5) years’ experience in the profession, with at least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a hospital environment with supervisory/leadership responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and communicate tactfully.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively coordinate and direct activities, procedures and personnel.
- Knowledgeable in rehab regulations, billing and reimbursement, and CMS Guidelines (example, G-Codes)
- Must be certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for adults, if involved in patient care activity (CPR) for adults, if involved in patient care activity.
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
Weekend Requirements: Yes
On-Call Requirements: No
Why choose Northside and its Rehabilitation Team?
- Northside supports our employees’ professional and personal growth. We foster an environment that promotes work/life balance. We embrace diversity. We care about you.
- Strong supporters of our community through screenings, education, volunteering, and community service initiatives
- Seasoned clinicians, many with advanced certifications & specialty training
- Longevity within our team, often celebrating 20, 30, and 40 years of service
- S.T.A.R. Program certified clinicians for oncology patients where rehab services plays a primary role in oncology rehab to provide research based care utilizing standardized tools
- Highly recognized and supportive organization with a valued rehabilitation services department
- Compassionate, dedicated, innovate team of professional staff with a focus on providing evidence based care
- Supportive leadership team encouraging personal growth and development
- Strong collaboration with physicians and multidisciplinary care team
- Focus on service excellence and providing outstanding care to our patients
- One-on-one patient care
- Customized evaluation and treatment plans
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran status or military service, or any other characteristic protected by federal law or Georgia law.