There’s something special about being on a team – especially a world-class one committed to advancing cancer care and improving countless lives. That’s exactly what we’ve created with the Northside Hospital Cancer Institute, and if our past year is any indication, our future – and that of those we serve – is brighter than ever.
Already, Georgia’s largest and comprehensive cancer care provider, the Northside Hospital Cancer Institute (NHCI) continues to grow and advance, constantly creating new opportunities for our patients and our family of Northsiders.
From new partnerships and innovative technology to breakthrough clinical advancement and community outreach, there are so many ways NHCI is Built to Beat Cancer. Our center:
Employs the most board-certified medical oncologists in Georgia
- Diagnoses and treats the most new cases of cancer in Georgia (top 5 in the U.S.)
- Diagnoses and treats the most cases of gynecologic (cervical, ovarian and uterine) cancer in Georgia
- Treats the most cases of prostate cancer than in Georgia
- Leads the way in advanced robotic surgery, ranking 4th in the world for all robotic surgery volumes
What is even more impressive is our outcomes and our impact. The best healthcare professionals in Atlanta, and beyond are constantly drawn to NHCI to be part of the unmatched team that has:
- Achieved among the best survival rates for bone marrow transplants, NINE consecutive years (2009-2017)
- Earned full accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) – one of only 10 hospitals in the country to receive the CoC’s Outstanding Achievement Award for FIVE consecutive surveys.
- Exceeded national benchmark quality standards in breast, lung, and gastrointestinal cancers
- Continued to expand advanced technologies in cancer care specifically in the areas of surgical care and radiation oncology
This is just the beginning of the amazing story of cancer care we’re creating together. Click here to learn more.